Friday, December 17, 2010

Cinnamon Swirl!!!

Okay bloggers, I am sooooo excited about my new soap!!
Why?
Because an experiment went right!!! (On purpose)



 Eh em, pardon my bathroom...


WOOT!!  I was worried about the fragrance since I absolutely REFUSE to use fragrance, due to the fact that I really want my soaps to be Au Naturelle. Typically fragrances are made from chemicals produced in a lab.  So I had been experimenting with herbs and infused oils, boosted with Essential oils.  For this batch I used:
5lbs soap base
3 tsp of ground cinnamon (to create the swirls! AH! I finally got the swirls after hours of google-time)
Apple cinnamon infused oil
*Theives essential oil (very little, but it's said that Thieves has wonderful antibacterial properties, and a nice cinnamon aroma)
4 oz shea butter
3 cups of water (a part of my experimenting with rebatch, adding much more water)


Let the soap melt, add the ingredients (not the scents, I waited until I took the soap out of the double boiler to add them so that the scent and EO wouldn't evaporate)
ANNNDD WALLLLLAAAAA:
Soft, smooth, swirly cinnamon.  My husband tried it out and no complaints.  Cinnamon can be harsh on the skin, so I diluted the Theives quite a bit, but I like the light hint of cinnamon; not to strong, not invisible.  Now that I've figured out the swirls you should be seeing them a lot more!  What will I come up with next??? hmmmmm....maybe you should decide, would love to try my hand in something completely custom made and original (wink wink)...well, on second thought, lemme get myself out of the "amatuer" category, and into the "semi-amatuer" one...

Joyous Soaping!

No comments: