Monday, December 20, 2010

Review Time!!!: Zum Bar

What is part of the inspiration of my crazy soap ideas?

Zum Bar!!!!!

My mind first started sparking when I found this baby!  I was walking down the isle at Whole Foods and I see a huge loaf of all types of colored, crazy, and unique blends of ingredients.  Not to mention, its main ingredient is goat milk, said to do wonders on the skin.

So what do I do? Cut a piece and take it home with me.  I used it that night and all I have to say is WOW!  I used Lavendar-lemon and loved how the scent just stayed on your skin, not to mention it didn't dry my skin out.

Pros:
  • Ingredients are safe and Au Naturelle. I cannot tell you how much I can't STAND ingredients that I cannot pronounce.  Like hey, do you have to insult my intelligence? Just put the word chemical and that'll be enough for me.
  • Uses pure essential oils and mineral pigments, as opposed to dye and fragrance.
  • Easy on the skin.  I have VERY sensitive skin, so sensitive that I'm allergic to the cold (yes, there is such a thing...called Urticaria lol) So that's a plus for me.
  • And finally, the scent is AMAZING.  Lavender lemon was the one that caught my attention and I loved how it stayed on my skin.
Cons:
  • For a penny pincher like me, 6 bucks for a 3oz bar doesn't really do it.  BUT, what do you expect when its all natural?  I guess you can't penny pinch on everything.
  • Doesn't really specify if the ingredients are organic or not.  
So the pros outweigh the cons.  I haven't used zum bar since I started making my own but I remember the experience like it was yesterday:
Ahhh...Lemon-Lavender

So overall, this is a great soap.  Easy on the skin and natural. Not easy on the pockets though.  I'd say just dabble in your own personal Zum Bar (but maybe I'm just biased because I'm a soapmaker.)

Joyous Soaping!

No comments: